Elder Brockton Lamb

Elder Brockton Lamb
Argentina Comodoro Rivadavia Mission
Jan 2014-Jan 2016

Monday, July 7, 2014

July 7, 2014- COMODORO!!!


USA USA USA!! I love America so much it's insane!!! There's a WalMart here!!! No doubt we celebrated the 4th in WalMart!! :)

Yes i am now in Comodoro Rivadavia!  My comp is Elder Garcia from Colombia.  Way sick guy!  Loves to work!  I am as far south as you can go in this city so it's nice but super ghetto in areas. 

The people here have more money than my last area and it's weird getting used to that. On the boat ride here we saw dolphins and sea lions and I had to travel by myself because I am so illegal right now.  I had to wait an extra day in Rio Grande so i left Tuesday.  While traveling I met a guy that was born in Argentina but moved to Florida when he was 15.  He still lives there and he is 30 now but he wanted to backpack all of Argentina.  It was so weird to share with him the gospel in english!!! I haven't done that yet!! 

So the member's here are unreal!!  We always get someone in the ward to come and help us teach!  A big chapel and everything...it's the real deal!!!  We did family home evening last night at a member's house and we had about 15 youth and kids.  I was so stunned!!!
Oh ya last night we got robbed at knife point... naw jk.  Well he tried to rob us but there's no way I'm giving up my camera and stuff.  My companion had been robbed already before I got here and the other missionaries in our ward were robbed of everything last week walking in the street in the middle of the day.  I saw it coming though and my first thought was that i thought it was a joke.  It was a skinny 16 or 17 year old who had this big old knife and told us to give us our stuff.  My comp just took off running and he started walking to me so I started walking to him then he tried to scare me off pointing the knife at me then picked up a rock - so I did the same and just chucked it as hard as I could.  After that he ran away. It was honestly hilarious!
We live in the nicest pension!! It's a little house behind a member's home and it is super nice!! The member's are about 60 and are the most amazing people ever!! Their name is Brother and Sister Castro.  Brother Castro was so glad I didn't give the kid that tried to rob us anything.  They always give us food and the ward has assigned days throughout the month!

Well I have to buy a new memory card because mine has a stupid virus so no pictures this week.

Con amor,

Elder Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment