Elder Brockton Lamb

Elder Brockton Lamb
Argentina Comodoro Rivadavia Mission
Jan 2014-Jan 2016

Sunday, July 6, 2014

June 30- hasta luego Rio Grande:(

June 30, 2014


This has been such a bittersweet week!  It's official...my first area has come and gone:(  Rio Grande has treated me too well!!  It was so hard to say goodbye to all these people I absolutely love!!! All the families in the branch weren't even the hardest..it was the investigator's and random people we found that kills me to leave!

I got my new assignment and I'm headed to Comodoro Rivadavia!  I'm excited but it's like a completely different mission.  I'm so accustomed to the mud and the poverty and the people here and now I'm going to a ward...yes an actual ward! I'm super excited for that! I leave tomorrow and it will be a two day trip.

So on Friday we did a talent show with our branch and it was sooo funny.  It was a pretty good turnout and us missionaries did a skit and danced with our mission leader.  haha we all dressed up in random stuff and no doubt I scored some sweet boxing shorts.
Another amazing thing happened... Milagros was blessed with the gift of the Holy Ghost yesterday and the primary teacher didn't show up so I taught their class.  She is so cute and quiet and is honestly a little angel.  She asked if she could share something and I was like uhhh ya!!!!  She opened up her Book of Mormon and shared scriptures about baptism and the holy ghost that she had marked throughout the week!  I was so stunned!  Then we did a practice missionary lesson and we asked her and this other girl in the ward to be the missionaries and Elder Hervey and I were going to be investigators.  Ya well after they taught about Joseph Smith Elder Hervey and I just looked at each other and agreed that they should be teaching us haha so impressive how much wisdom she has already!!
Well if the states and Argentina both win their next game they play each other so that's awesome!! President Rogers sent every missionary an Argentina jersey with the mission logo on the back!! Soooo sick!!
Mom and dad..you guys have been talked about a lot this week and everyone is so thankful that you raised me the way you did.. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!
The mission is all about goodbyes in every aspect but we're helping them to have eternal hellos.

Thanks for all the support:)
Con amor,
Elder Lamb

Me and Elder Tarwater -  in our Argentina Jerseys

Last day in Rio Grande

It's sooooo cold!

I love this area.  So poor but so wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment