Elder Brockton Lamb

Elder Brockton Lamb
Argentina Comodoro Rivadavia Mission
Jan 2014-Jan 2016

Sunday, February 15, 2015

February 9, 2015-CORDERO PATIGONICO:):)

I can't believe it's already Monday again!! Friday we had to travel a couple hours to Trelew for another conference with Elder Viñas of the 70! That was AMAZING! He asked us a question.. How has the atonement helped me in the mission? It made me think about why I love talking to everyone on the street..why I go out of my way to be so happy when we are explaining our purpose..and I've realized that it's all because of the ultimate sacrifice.  I know that our Savior has paid the price for every single one of his children and if I don't do my part as a member and even more as a missionary of talking with everyone that I pass then that act of love and sacrifice doesn't have the opportunity to change the lives of the people here.  Elder Viñas told us to not get to down when people reject us.  It's going to happen.  Might as well be even nicer to the next person we talk to.

On a funnier note.. two sloppy Argentines tried to rob us in the middle of the day with a butcher knife from the kitchen.  They had been following us for a block and we stopped to check our agendas for a contact we had the other day and they started walking straight at us.. Then they bigger one pulls out this foot long rusty butchers knife and my comp just took off.  He's from Buenos Aires and he's just a little guy so his instincts kicked in and he was gone! Well he is small so they took off after him and my adrenaline was pumpin.. I started taking off for them and pulled out my buck knife that i carry to scare them.. I was yelling and was gaining on them and they decided to take off the other way.  The situation was over... ha well I was still super mad so I picked up a rock and chucked it at the big homie... got'em. Right in the arm. He wasn't too happy and turned around and started running at me.. I don't think he expected me to run at him and next thing he stopped dead in his tracks and took off the other way:) 

But guess where we spent the night... in the hospital because when my comp ran away he fell and got a boo boo on his shoulder and complained to the members so they took us to the hospital.  I thought it was a joke... we get to the hospital and wait for an hour.. luckily Argentina was playing Uruguay on TV so at least we could watch that.  Finally they call my comp back and literally less than a minute later he was out of the office.  I thought he forgot something...nope.. the doctore told him to suck it up and drink some tea.. I was ticked... but he's just a little kid ha then at church everyone and their dog was asking how he was and if he was alright and is milking the crap out of it.. i just laugh.

We put a date for our little buddy Uriel to be baptized on the 28 of this month! He read 8 chapters of the BOM in a week! And he knows what he's reading! He's 12! Such a stud!! 

Well it was an eventful week and my testimony has grown so much!!!!!!
I know that I'm here for a reason!  

Tenemos la plenitud del evangelio de Jesucristo en el mundo!!!   
Gracias por todo sus oraciones y apoyo! 
Con amor, 
Elder Lamb

fotos:
We have an office genealogy pic of the past secretaries and past financiers all in a line:)
A pic of the some dope personal polos we have. Elder Jeppson and Elder Quintero the assistants. A lot of fun being with them all the time.
The comp and I eatin at Don Panchos! Super amazing hot dog place here by the beach!



Service with Hermana Ramirez cutting braches with the dullest saw ever!
Big Penguin with the comp Elder Guiterrez!
Some missionaries of the zone in Trelew!
First working windmill I have seen here!! 










No comments:

Post a Comment