Elder Brockton Lamb

Elder Brockton Lamb
Argentina Comodoro Rivadavia Mission
Jan 2014-Jan 2016

Sunday, February 8, 2015

February 2, 2015-Las Ballenas!!

Las Ballenas!!

First of all.....Celine Dion is playing right now in the ciber.....I AM SO HAPPY!!  I am in Puerto Madryn!   Purple from all around the world come here!  On Tuesday I had to help with legalization stuff so we had to go to the government building right by the beach and I met people from New York and talked to them for a while.  Then we saw a group of tourists from Japan.  Literally from everywhere!!

My area is the best because it's all the people that go to the beach but it's all humble living....everyone is just all day in their board shorts and flip flops and just happy and accepting.

Elder Gutierrez is so awesome.  He has had a rough batch of companions and we sat down the first night and both shared our goals and what we expected of this transfer.  I honestly could not be happier.  Every day we found new people to teach and to serve.  The members in this branch are amaaaaaaazing!!!!!  They all want to help the mission work!  And it's because they can see that elder Gutierrez and I are willing to work and we sincerely want to help everyone here.  I have been overwhelmed with the amount of peace and love I have felt here by everyone.!!  I have such a strong testimony of service and the blessings that come from it.

We did service for family Azocar, who have 3 teenage boys on Saturday and we helped build a house of cement.  Then yesterday, on Sunday, these teenage boys brought two of their friends to church that are now our investigators.  Fast and testimony meeting twas so powerful in this branch.  I got up and told them exactly how I felt.  I told them that I only have one year left to give EVERYTHING I have to the Lord and this work here so that's exactly what I am going to do.  All the members after testified of that because they saw the service that we did throughout the week for all the different members.  

Well, we have already been blessed with an amazing reference of a part member family only because the husband and wife were not married but now they are so we are going to see them tonight!!  We also challenged our little investigator to read the Book of Mormon with his finger reading. 

I am sooooooooo grateful to be here. We have already seen so many miracles.  We talk to everyone we pass in the street and receive directions from almost everyone.  The best combination my companion says,...... a gringo and a porteno.  

I have said it since day one and my saying that I took from baseball is...... "If what you did yesterday still looks good today, well then you haven't done much today".  President challenged our mission to read the Book of Mormon this year in about 4 months.  I challenge everyone to do it as well!  I have found so many treasures by reading it again and can truly see it bless my life!

Basically I'm on cloud 9 and could not be more grateful to be serving a mission in La Patogonia!!!! Y aquante BOCA!!  Just beat up on River 5-0....Tooo nice!

Love you all!!!  Enjoy the little things!!  It'll bring so much more happiness to your lives.
Elder Lamb


PS.  For my last Pday in the office Elder Carter taught us how clutches and transmissions work and it was so interesting! Elder Carter is the senior couple and is so awesome and we had pancakes at his house on sunday and Hermana Carter and I make and cooked everything! She even gave me some of her famous batter starter! 









No comments:

Post a Comment