Elder Brockton Lamb

Elder Brockton Lamb
Argentina Comodoro Rivadavia Mission
Jan 2014-Jan 2016

Friday, March 6, 2015

February 23, 2015

MOSIAH 2:17!!:)

Literally can't believe this week just flew by like that!  Sounds like the family is doing great and that makes me tooooo happy!!!!!! 

Mom! I got the letter and the pics! Everbody is obsessed with the pics of all the cousins and all the sisters freak out when I tell them that you made Mckinleys dress! Literally the tie game the Zac has going is impressive to say the least and the boots are prime.. I see you bro...  I was talking to Hermana Rogers (Presidents wife) about the family this week and I just kept knocking on wood as I was talking because everything seems to be great back home! It really does help knowing how everyones doing. 


Anyways I am 10000% convinced that service brings blessings and miracles.  I have seen it through my whole mission...when the opportunity to do service comes along.... take it!!!  And the blessings and miracles just raaaain! I can't tell you how happy I am hitting the bed at night dead exhausted from working all day! We have so many families to teach right now and we have our agenda full already this week with everyday a Family Home Evening in the houses of less actives and investigators! 

We have Family Cabrera who are amazing! The husband is a member but the wife isn't because they still aren't married because the dad is separated but hasn't divorced his ex quite yet...but guess whwere he is going tomorrow!!? He is taking the bus to Cordoba Argentina which is like 9 hours away to divorce his ex then come back get married to his new girlfriend and baptize her!!! 

We have Family Rodriguez who are also waiting on papers from Bolivia so that they can get married and get baptized and we are still working with Cristian and Veronica to flip it into gear and get baptized. Veronica served a mission but stopped going to church a few years back and her husband who is not a member has read the Book of Mormon and Doctrine and Covenents.  KAPISIMO!! 

And thats not all!  So yesterday we helped this super less active family build there house and we were dyin after.. we went to the apartment to change back into our proselyting clothes and it was already 8 at night.. we were almost tempted to just chill in the apartment and call it a day but we knew after doing service a miracle was waiting for us! So we left the pension and passed this families house that had a man working outside.  We have already talked with him for a sec a few days before and he said he is always in the house on sundays.  So we passed his house this night and it was like they were waiting for us.  He immediately invited us in and introduced us to his wife and 2 teenage kids.. They had never ever heard of our church and didn't know anything about it.  Long story short..we didn't have much time so we just went hard in bearing our testimonies of the church and invited them to act.  They were astonished that we would devote our time to 100% helping other people.  It went so amazingly and they will get baptized some day! The dad and his sons name is Jon.. the wife Maria and their daughter Laura! MIRACLE!! All because of service!! He even drove us to our apartment after which is HUGE PLUS! 

I'm so grateful for the opportunity to serve! To roll up my sleeves and go to work! Another bonus...if anyone wants a house made of brick and cement by hand.. my comp and I got you covered! No such things as power tools down here!:)

 We reactivated our ward mission leader in our branch who was inactive and had an amazing Family Home Evening in his house with all his kids and today he took the missionaries that work in the branch to the beach! What a HOMIE!! We had big time Asado of meat and chorizo! 

Love life...love the people.. :) 

Con cariño,
Elder Lamb




This is a nice email that an Elder's Dad sent me.  AWESOME!!

Elder Lamb,
Yea, you don't know me however I am somewhat  familiar with you.  I read your missionary blog on a monthly basis.  Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with others this way.  
Okay, so you are wondering who in the heck is this goof ball writing to me out of the blue?  Well I have a son serving it the same Comodoro mission as you are serving.  His name is Cameron Carlsen.... Oops, I guess I am supposed to say Elder Carlsen.  As a matter of fact, I am one of "those" parents that called the mission office... and you were the pleasant and helpful voice on the other end of the line that calmed this troubled old heart, and gave helpful information about sending packages to Argentina from the States.  My son finally received his Christmas package towards the end of January which surprised us as we thought it was gone for ever.  
Anyway, Cameron is our son, I mean Elder Carlsen is our son, actually, if you really want to know what he has been called for the most part of his life, if you ever run into him during the remainder of your mission call him "Shorty Boy" and see how he reacts.  That has been his nick name from when he was a toddler and it just stuck.  They even called him that on the basketball courts while playing high school basketball.... 
I know it is your "P" day and I know how busy your can be on this day so I'll not take up any more of your time.  
I just wanted to thank you for being so helpful when I called about our Christmas package.  Also to thank you for sharing your mission experience on your blog.  Reading your latest blog of you standing down, or up to, a person holding a knife made me chuckle as I envisioned it playing out in my mind.  It also reminded me of a similar experience I had while serving my mission of looking down a loaded 357 gun barrel after a door opened one day while knocking on doors.... but that is another story.
It would be cool if one day you and my son could serve together.  I think you two would get along great.
Que nuestro Padre Celestial te bendiga en todas tus endevors . 
(used google translate so that is probably all messed up) 
Kerry Carlsen

Shorty Boys dad.... Boise Idaho.

No comments:

Post a Comment