Elder Brockton Lamb

Elder Brockton Lamb
Argentina Comodoro Rivadavia Mission
Jan 2014-Jan 2016

Sunday, March 22, 2015

March 16, 2015- ROSA LA MAESTRA/ LAS CHANCHERIAS!



WHERE DID THE TIME GO??? 

Elder Lyman and I are having so much fun! We are complete opposites and I love it!! He is a stud that wants to be a great missionary! 

Can't believe AF lost to PG... come on now...

Ok so the mother of my favorite Hermano here came to visit his family.  She hasn't seen the family for 7 years and didn't even know the two twin boys that the family has!  Well her name is Rosa and she is AMAZING!!!!!!!  She has only been here for 2 weeks and we have already taught her 4 lessons.  After the second lesson we went to the families house on Tuesday and we were sitting with her and she said to us..."ok what do i need to do to be baptized....?"  I went into shock...
haha but i was sooo happy for her. She lives in northern argentina and has had the hardest life ever!!  We have had the most powerful lessons with her and she wants to change so bad and is so willing to submit to the gospel!  Guess what!  Her daughter-in-law is who teaches the second hour of church Principios del evangelio (principles of the gospel?) but she couldn't come to church yesterday so guess who gave the class yesterday with the topic Gifts of the Holy Ghost???? ROSA!!! In the class it's all the recent converts, investigators, and missionaries and this amazing women that is not even baptized yet prepared for hours the day before to give the class.. I can't describe to you how i felt when she was teaching us about the gifts of the holy ghost and the role of the holy ghost in our lives... she was so sincere and is sooooooo excited to be baptized to be able to have the constant companionship of the holy ghost as long as she lived worthily of it! I was just bawling like a baby during the whole hour! One of the greatest moments of my mission! 

Seeing somebody make a 180 degree change in their life to come unto Christ! So we were kinda bummed because she was going to go back to her house up north but guess what?? SHE'S STAYING HERE:) She's so happy here that she's staying here and her two teenage daughters are going to move down here as well!!  

Rosa is getting baptized this saturday by her son!! He is my favorite person here and he has this unreal blessing of being able to baptize his mother after years and years of her not wanting ANYTHING to do with the church! I'm inspiring to be more like Rosa and I am so beyond grateful to my Father in Heaven for the opportunity to meet her, teach her, and learn from her! It's moments like that that make the mission the greatest thing in the world.. makes it all worth it.. :)  

So many other miracles happened this week but I already wrote a novel so just remind me when i get back about walking for 5 hours in the dessert and praying to find someone:) God is so willing to answers our prayers...but are we willing to listen?

The church is so true.. the mission has been the hardest thing I've ever done but by far the greatest.. I can't imagine my life if I never met these people at the end of the world...They need me and I need them.

Elder Lamb 

pics..last night we asked members in the branch to go on visits with us.. #winning 

huge fan of the package.. At one time yesterday during sacrament meeting I had every single kid under 9 years old sitting by me asking for more of the candy hearts.. haha i wish i had a pic.. love all the little homies here! makes me miss all the little cousins!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment