Elder Brockton Lamb

Elder Brockton Lamb
Argentina Comodoro Rivadavia Mission
Jan 2014-Jan 2016

Monday, February 24, 2014

February 19, 2014, WEEK #5

como estan!? how is everyone!!!!?I LEAVE MONDAY!!!!!!!
not much happened this week. except i got my travel plans!! bitter sweet. visa is not going too hot so i'll be in LA for a while.  I'm actually way excited because of how diverse it is there but a little bummed at the same time.  I leave at 4:30 in the morning on monday. so i'll definitely be calling at around 6 or 6:30 or 7... ya not quite sure maybe 7:30! just be ready!! i am so excited to leave here! The MTC has been great but i want to talk to real people and have a relationship with members and investigators.  oh mom! the raspberries and strawberries were AMAZING!!!!! thank you so much!!!! and all the packages! nothing better than chips and cheese!  Tell Christine thank you so much for the packages and thank Christine for Lauren's letters! gets me so excited to get out there! 
I'll share a little experience we had this week. So Elder Olsen wakes up to work out at 6:15. and every morning he wakes me up at 6:30.  I'm not down to wake up even earlier than we already have to so i work out at night.  So monday morning the same routine is in effect.  Elder Olsen gets up, does his this for a while, then wakes me up.  But i was honestly so tired! Legit the first time i've debated on not showering in the morning just to get a few more minutes of sleep.  After about 10 minutes of fighting with myself on whether to fall back asleep or not i finally decide to get up.  Usually i don't even look at my watch i just jump in the shower but i was just curious to see how long i was debating on getting up. I looked at the minute hand on the 45 and was like "k sick" then i saw something weird....the stinkin hour hand is at the 1... My companions alarm got all screwed up because it automatically changed time zones and he was working out at 1:15 in the morning!!!!!! He has two digital clocks and didn't even realize it!!!!!! I was so mad but at the same time grateful that i was able to sleep for a few more hours but mostly mad because he thought it was hilarious.  Sometimes he kills me!  He really does mean well so i try to always be positive and nice but at 1:30 in the morning it's just not going to happen haha.
Elder Holland came on Sunday to introduce his son who was speaking to us.  Bittersweet because it was AMAZING that Elder Holland was there but sucked because he only spoke for 5 minutes and that counted as the apostles turn to speak so i never really heard one of them talk other than 5 minutes.  But his son gave an amazing talk about Joseph Smith and his life and all the many afflictions he had to go through in his life! I had know idea how much he had to go through!!!!
I truly love this gospel and everything that it involves.  I have come to have a testimony of the Book of Mormon.  My favorite part of the day is personal study when i can spend that hour and just read!! Something that i heard last week was very profound when thinking about how to back up the great apostacy and the validity of the Book of Mormon.  It was from Ted R. Callister of the 70 and he said.. "Why would the Bible just all of a sudden stop at the same time as the Great Apostacy started.  If the church were still on the earth than the Bible would have continued.  Another thing he said was that during the Great Apostacy when there were countless other false churches not one went by the name of Christ! that just blows my mind!!!!
The zone is doing a lot better. less homesickness and more focus for all those elders we're over so that's awesome!
The Spanish is coming along phenomenal.  I can understand so much and i can speak it pretty well now.  I'm so pumped to get that Argentine accent!!! Elder Olsen and I are one of the only missionaries here left going to Argentina.  The rest are going to Mexico so definitely already have that Argentine pride:) i can't wait for Monday!!!!! oh ya i was just kidding about the LA thing. Well kinda..I have a forty minute layover in LA and then they're shipping me straight to Buenas Aires.  And I'm praying they fly me to Comodoro Rividavia or else that will be one looooooong bus ride! 
LES AMO MUCHO!!!!!
estoy emocionado por esto oportunidad a servir y llegar a ser un hombre mejor!! VIVA ARGENTINA
Much Love,

Elder Lamb





Volleyball crew.  Best part of West MTC. Crazy athletic elders here and some hermanas as well! 



 A picture of Elder Olsen and I and our favorite teacher Hermano Mendoza! eternally grateful for all that he has taught me!

 Some of the elders thought it would be funny to leave some toilet paper in our apartment so we made sure we destroyed theirs.  We put toilet paper in their pockets and shoes and everything!!! led to an eventful night haha - extremely fun:)


February 24, 2014



We had the opportunity to talk to Brockton on the phone very early this morning before he boarded his first plane for a LONG day of traveling.  His flights will take him from SLC to Los Angeles to Atlanta and finally to Buenos Aires where he has about a 24 hour bus ride to Comodoro Rividavia.

It was WONDERFUL to talk to him!!  He is so excited to be on his way so he can begin serving the people of Argentina.

We can hardly wait to hear he made it safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment