Elder Brockton Lamb

Elder Brockton Lamb
Argentina Comodoro Rivadavia Mission
Jan 2014-Jan 2016

Sunday, April 19, 2015

April 13, 2015- Hermana ABREGU:)

Just another baller week living the dream! How's everyone doing?? 


I am learning so much about the love of our Savior it's unreal... After finishing the Book of Mormon I felt I needed to read the New Testament from start to finish..I can't even explain the happiness I feel after reading the about the life of Christ. Literally everything he did was according to the will of His Father.  And then it makes me think.. Am i doing the same? 
 
Ok we have the most AMAZING people in the WORLD in our branch here in Puerto Madryn Argentina. 

Sister Abregu is the mother of 4.  Her oldest son is on a mission in Brazil. They live a very humble lifestyle.  The dad is lazy and doesn't go to church. But Sister Abregu has taken me in as if I was her child.  She has hundreds of medical problems.. tumors..diabetes..blood problems... but she doesn't want any of her medical problems to be an excuse for her to not be able to go to church to prohibit her from renewing her baptismal covenants.  Two weeks ago she bent down and broke her tail bone due to a stress fracture.  She is demanded to be in rest for 8 months and there's nothing she can do.. But guess who refuses to miss church?  Sister Abregu! She came to church yesterday in unreal amounts of pain.. just sitting down becomes the biggest chore and standing up is almost out of the question. She, extremely carefully and slow, made her way up to the stand yesterday and bore her testimony of trials and how it is our choice on how we are going to take on trials. She is my idol!! She wakes up early every Wednesday morning to start preparing lunch for my companion and I.. we eat like kings in her dirt covered concrete floor. She is now reading the Bible and The Book of Mormon from the beginning at the same time!  She taught us how to knit this past week and she knitted the coolest little mini me for me,, I needed to meet this family.. I needed to serve at the end of the world to meet the most amazing people that have changed my life forever! I have no excuse to not give it my all.. 

I love what i do:):):)Thank you for your prayers and support.. they are felt:):):)   We had 6 investigators come to church yesterday!! The work is moving forward!! It is our choice if we want to be a part of this great work!:):)
Love you all:)

Elder Lamb

foto 1: Sister Abregu and the little "mini-me" she knitted for me.. literally looks just like me! Even has the backpack and little bracelets and keychains that people have gifted me and the Book of Mormon that i always carry in the hand

2: Family home evening with Family Baeza and investigators:):) the older ladies love me here:) haha its the red hair...

3.  Another family home evening we did with 9 non members who are friends of an awesome family that has 3 teenage boys who are awesome examples for their friends! 4 of them are going to be baptized!!!!:):)



No comments:

Post a Comment