Elder Brockton Lamb

Elder Brockton Lamb
Argentina Comodoro Rivadavia Mission
Jan 2014-Jan 2016

Monday, August 4, 2014

August 4, 2014- These people sleep too much!

These people sleep too much!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. You want to fix this government in one day.. Take away the 4 hour nap in the middle of the day!!  I love Argentina but to support and acknowledge from 1 in the afternoon till 5 as a time when everyone's sleeping and the stores are all closed is a joke.

Mom, you need to come down here and teach people how to decorate!  Haha when I read about you having to plan that dinner it made me realize just how amazing you are with all that!!  Tell Brother Wheeler that I am doin some serious work in all these gardens down here all thanks to him.  Words gotten out that I know how to work well in gardens and with the shovel so we've been goin around to different houses to do service.

Well this week has been a testimony builder for sure.  We had multiple lessons cancel on us and it was very frustrating at times.  But I did what I said I was going to do and talked to everyone.  We were so blessed to have some AMAZING contacts that we have already set dates to go back and teach.

I had a miracle this week.  We were teaching this 12 year old boy who looks and acts like he's 16 but that's just typical here.  I swear there's something in the water. This boy loves to study the bible and talk religion and would rather study the bible than play outside. Crazy right? Truly amazing kid.  Well as we were teaching we set the restoration up so well.  We taught the apostasy great and the spirit was so strong and as I was about to introduce Joseph Smith and the first vision I was overcome with the spirit and started fighting back tears as I was telling this boy that we have the Church of Jesus Christ once again on the earth and that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father appeared this a boy around the same age as him. We put a date for his baptism and we have a lesson with him today so we're very excited. 

My testimony is growing so much. I have so much more confidence to talk to anybody and I myself am surprised by how much I love to do service. Thank you for everything!!  Sometimes I lose perspective when times are hard so i'm going to try and remember more that it's not a sacrifice; it's a blessing and the greatest opportunity to serve the Lord. Everything is great. I want to see some pictures of Florida Mckinley!


No comments:

Post a Comment