Elder Brockton Lamb

Elder Brockton Lamb
Argentina Comodoro Rivadavia Mission
Jan 2014-Jan 2016

Monday, October 13, 2014

October 6, 2014- Conferencia General!!

CONFERENCIA GENERAL!!!


First of all.... I SAW MY BOY GARRY GOING HARD WITH THE VOCALS!:):)

Second.... I loved seeing the picture of everyone at priesthood session. Weird seein that many blondes in one place!!
Third...we climbed a mountain this morning... super dope.. no doubt i'll send some picks:)
Conference was AMAZING!!!:) I watched all Saturday sessions and priesthood in spanish and then in english on Sunday.  I thought the same thing mom.. everyone was so real and pretty direct! They made clear that this earthly life was not about to get any easier so they provided us with tools to fight against temptation and sin.

Elder Scott could not have said it any better.. 1 Prayer 2. Study the scriptures 3. Family Home Evening 4. Go to the temple. Just think how much easier it is to be on the right path if we lived those four principles.  I still remember when we were very little and in the Chandler house when dad busted out the Plan of Salvation map and taught us the Plan of Happiness.  Since then I always had the Plan subconsciously in my mind and I knew I was jeopardizing celestial glory when I made a mistake.  I am so grateful for that. 
I also loved how Elder Ballard said to stay focused on the little things.  It's the constant prayer and scripture study that allows us to have the Holy Spirit with us.  We can't overlook things that seem so easy and simple.  I was nailed with the spirit when Allan F. Packer quoted and said that we have the doctrine of Jesus Christ on the earth, as well as the temples and now the technology.  All we need now is the people who are willing to work.
So much is hitting my head right now.  Elder Bednar could not have had a better talk.  I am so grateful for the words he shared.  The story about his two little sons was awesome and so true.  We want to share with the world what has helped us and brought us happiness in our lives and in the lives of our loved ones.  Absolute truth exists and we invite people to come and see for themselves:) How wonderful is that!
The spirit was so strong when the two latin speakers gave their talks in spanish.  It's a different spirit when it doesn't have to be translated.  Venid a mi.  Seguidme! 
SUCH A REFRESHER! It's crazy to think about that what we hear is coming straight from Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  "Whether mine own voice or the voice of my servant, it is the same."
They encouraged us to change things in our life and rethink our priorities if we need to and I am going to take that challenge and try and live how my Savior expects me to live.
We have a living Prophet hoy en día!! Qué más queremos! He knows EXACTLY what we need to do to have celestial glory,  how can we afford not to listen and apply his words!
Thank you for all the support! Love everyone!
S/o to Garry again just because I loved seeing you so much on screen singing during Priesthood session.
Elder Lamb








No comments:

Post a Comment