Elder Brockton Lamb

Elder Brockton Lamb
Argentina Comodoro Rivadavia Mission
Jan 2014-Jan 2016

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

October 27, 2014- El Captain

El Capitán (Novel Status) #myb

Hey Family!! I have been thinking a lot this week and I just thought I'd write some of it down!

Everyone needs to read Jesus the Christ!!!!

I am so beyond grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ.  I was thinking about it and it's unreal how fundamentally sound our Gospel is.  Jesus Christ was the only Begotten of the Father! He was the only one that could handle being Immortal and mortal.

I was so impressed when I was reading in John where Jesus Christ says, "I came down from heaven, not to do my will, but the will of Him that sent me. My meat is to do the will of Him that sent me, and to Finish his work."  Goodness! It's so incredible! How incredibly selfless He is..I've been thinking about it and all we do is preach and teach about following the example of our brother Jesus Christ and I think about Jesus Christ.  All He was doing was fulfilling the will of the Father. So in turn by following the example of Jesus Christ we ourselves are completely fulfilling the will of our Father.  WE KNOW THE FINAL SCORE!! We know who is going to win! Jesus Christ atoned for the world! We use Him and we win.  He's definitely carrying the team on His back and our Father in Heaven is our Coach.  Jesus is another player that has endured with us since the beginning and will continue to carry us till the end! We are going to fall.  Bad things happen to good people and life seems unfair sometimes.  

I've been thinking about Brady a lot lately and I realized that I haven´t had to many people close to me die and it hit me hard.  If it wasn´t for the misery of our Father in heaven and for the atonement of Jesus Christ I don't know what I´d do.  Everyone has their propio plan.  Sometimes when we don't have anything else to do we have to have faith.  

I remember in the MTC when Reegan was in the hospital way sick, Brother Monson said some words that I will never forget.  He talked about the the words "Compassion" and "Sympathy."  Just think about those words.  He talked about the situation that I was in with Reegan being in the hospital.  We were on the subject of faith and I shared how I was hurting because my best friend was in the hospital and I was a few minutes away in the MTC not helping her and not with her.  He talked about how important faith is.  No matter what...always do what you need to do and always be where you need to be and have faith in the Plan..well that was hard.  

Then back to the words "compassion" and "sympathy."  Brother Monson shared with us that when bad things happen to people others can have sympathy for them because they feel bad for  them but they do not know exactly what they are going through.  I have so much sympathy for a lot people.  The Green family especially.  I have been praying for them so much and it's hard to accept that Brady is gone.  Then I think about an Elder in my zone.  Since the very first day I got to Argentina I have looked up to this Elder.  His name is Elder Smedley.  He is from Idaho.  I watched his demeanor and the way he carried himself and I strive to be as happy as he was.  Elder Smedley's father passed away this week and it's something I can't imagine.  I have so much sympathy for him and his family.  He talked to his family through skype and I couldn´t believe how strong they are.  He was smiling and they were talking about their dad being in heaven now and not only can he speak in spanish but he can speak in every language.  I can't imagine it....but Jesus Christ can.  He has compassion for every single one of us.  He knows how it feels to lose a son and a dad.  

We NEVER have to go through the pain alone.  Jesus is on our team carrying us! I know He is helping and blessing Elder Smedley to keep staying positive.  He still carries a smile and hugs every single one of us and tells us he loves us.  Jesus Christ did two things through the atonement-
1) "The universal redemption of the human race from death invoked by the fall of Adam and Eve and 
2) Salvation! whereby means of an escape from sin.

Christ has compassion for the Green's.  He has compassion for Elder Smedley and his family.  We have to trust in our Brother.  We have to trust in the Plan of the One who sent Him and the One who sent each and every one of us to this world for a purpose. If we follow the example that Jesus Christ has shown to us then we will "sí o sí" be able to stand at that last day knowing we did God's will.       

Jose- who was inactive for 10 years is now fully back in the church and we have the most spiritual lessons with him.  He is in his 50's and lives alone.  This past week at church he volunteered to clean the church every Saturday and I was crying.  You don't realise how hard it is to get people to serve down here! He wants to serve! 

We had a baptism this week in the district and we sang Oh My Father switching off versus in english and spanish! It was so spiritual!!! Then bishop asked us to sing it again on Sunday.  It was just 4 of us and I can't explain how amazing it felt to sing this hymn in the tune to Come thou Fount! One of the greatest experiences! We had the whole room crying!! So weird to sing in english again but so powerful to switch off languages! 
There is so much spirit in music!

I love the mission.... its hard... so much rejection but the thing is...I know I am where I am supposed to be... I am trying to following the example of our brother Jesus Christ...so all the rejection literally doesn´t get to me at all.  We think about how much Jesus was rejected and it puts me in my place real quick.

Don't give up---don't ever give up on yourself and especially your Savior. 

I love you all and I am praying for everyone! 

I am excited that the family is going back down to AZ.  Try to find Zig!! 

Con todo mi cariño
Elder Brockton Lamb



Clean House!


Me and Elder Nelson.  What we got here is our pension.  We got a before and after pic.  Don't judge on the before...but definitely respect the after:)
We did some remodeling and found a new couch!! Now it's great!




Elder Nelson, Elder Watkins and Me.  We send this pic to the whole mission. 


No comments:

Post a Comment