Elder Brockton Lamb

Elder Brockton Lamb
Argentina Comodoro Rivadavia Mission
Jan 2014-Jan 2016

Monday, December 29, 2014

December 16, 2014- Él el la DÁDIVA

Él el la DÁDIVA

Fam bam wam the man... whats gooooood???
So uhhhh my sister is getting married this week?!?!?!?!? WHAT???? I feel like it was just yesterday she was engaged and now she's getting married!! 
Oh and dad, the foods you mentioned are disgusting! They also have this sausage called morsilla that sucks!!! it's literally just all the dried up blood from the pig and they form it in the shape of sausage but it's purple and black and I thought it was a normal sausage and oh was I wrong!!!!! I cooked it up and I took a big bite and I can't even describe hard nasty it was... HARD PASS from that time on!
And Arizona!! goodness I miss those families so much!!!
So whats gonna be the schedule for skypin? Hopefully you will have some time for that still after all that's going down ahí!
This week has been CRAZY!! Everybody was transferred yesterday so I've just been super busy getting all the tickets and making everyone legal to travel! Honestly it's sooooooooooooooooo much work haha but it'll all be worth it... some day.. :)
13 people went home this week... and it was the first time that it was actually sad to see some of them go home.  So there's every type of missionary out here and I have been here in the office when the super truchos that were disobedient get sent home early and just the shame and embarrassment that goes along with that. Then I see the kids that were disobedient but worked pretty hard so they went home on time but pretty much just dragged all their companions down with them.. then there´s the coasters who just are there but don't do anything bad but don't do anything good either and nobody really misses them too much because they were too busy missing back home... but then there's the fieles.. the faithful who truly loved to serve and loved the people of Argentina.. yesterday 13 of our best missionaries went home and it was hard to see.  Watching them give their last testimonies was so powerful! They truly loved the people here! They loved this mission and they love our Savior! These different types of missionaries pertain to real life!

It's way too easy to coast and always have your mind wondering off and even if you think you are doing great you subconsciously know that your not.  I want to be able to say I gave it my all! I truly do love this mission and I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve here. 
More than everything I am so grateful for our Savior and for his eternal love for me.  
GO CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO!  
Thank you so much for your prayers!! THEY´RE WORKING!!:) Yesterday things were struggling a little bit trying to transport 100 missionaries at the same time with all their luggage from all over southern Argentina and there was a moment when I was super stressed and honestly didn't know what to do...I said a prayer asking for guidance then I thought about all the other people stressing out about the same thing I was stressing out... and there's a huge difference between me at that moment and others at the terminal dealing with the terrible service... at the end of the day I knew I was going to be able to go home to the apartment and read the words of Christ.. I knew I had a father in heaven looking out for our mission and I knew he wasn´t going to let anything slow this work from moving forward..we were able to work things out and they passed!!

Center your life around Christ and you can find happiness!!! Sometimes it might seem impossible but it's there.. :) 
Thank you for your support!!! I LOVE my life!!!:):)
MIRACLE!!! ok real quick!! We ran into this guy on the street name Jose Maria... He stopped us and said he liked what we were doing...we said thank you and asked if he knew about the church and what our purpose was.. he said yes and he told us his purpose was for us to teach him so that he could learn and then one day be smarter than us... we told him we would be honored and met up a time to meet with him... we took his info down and instead of us going to his house he just showed up at the church the next day which was last Friday.. we taught him a lesson and he said he wants to be baptized!!!! We told him about church on Sunday with pretty little hope that he was actually going to come because to be honest it just seemed to good to be true!! Guess who came to church on Sunday!? Our boy Jose Luis and guess who has a chess date tomorrow with him... this guy!!!! the 3 of January we're going to have a baptism in the office!!

Again... thank you for your prayers!!!!! They truly are working!! I took a picture with him Sunday night at the Christmas program...holy cow..trying to get these argentines to sing good might need a few more prayers... ;)
Sorry for the novel!! I haven't wrote in a minute!!!!! 
Love you all! 
Send me Pics!!
Elder Lamb

p.s. I'm training the new secretary so in 6 weeks i am outtaaahere!!!:)
Last pic with my boy Elder Nelson before he got transferred to the middle of nowhere haha




December 16, 2014

rrrotisima!


So uhh ya our door broke and it wouldn't open with the key and that's the only way in so we spent about 2 hours trying to break into our own apartment...finally had to borrow the neighbors ladder and crawl through a tiny window in the side of our apartment and then take the door apart from the inside completely off the hinges...it was quite the night... 

No comments:

Post a Comment