Elder Brockton Lamb

Elder Brockton Lamb
Argentina Comodoro Rivadavia Mission
Jan 2014-Jan 2016

Thursday, May 7, 2015

May 4, 2015- Novel Status (warning) :)


So the weeks are literally flying by...kinda scarin me...another amazing week! 

I don't really know what to say... other than I am just so grateful for this opportunity to serve.. I am seriously meeting some of the greatest and most faithful people in the world.. This week I had one of those moments where it just really hit me that I would have to say goodbye to these people some day.. and for a couple people in specific I had to say goodbye early.  

Rosa, (literally other than the fam the person I love more than anyone on this earth) moved back to northern Argentina this past friday.. She has a ton of messed up kids with big time problems that she has to try and fix.  Rosa Nelida Corales has forever changed my life.  She came to Puerto Madryn just to visit her son and have an escape of all her problems back where she's from with all her kids that are in their teens and twenties that are not making one good decision.  Her son Pable Leon bought her a bus ticket to come here... She saw the difference in a family that has the gospel and one that doesn't have anything close to it.  She was curious and wanted to have this gospel in her life.. She made a 180 degree change in her life and submitted to the will of our Father in Heaven.  She has taught me so much about how to truly trust in the Lord and think about the bigger picture.  She was baptized and received the Holy Ghost.. She understood the power of the Holy Ghost and understood the importance of the covenant she made with our Father.  She wanted her two youngest daughters to take part of this eternal life changing decision and bought two tickets for her daughters to come to Puerto Madryn as well.  Her daughters instantly felt the impressions and callings of the spirit and also made the decision to be baptized last week with their amazing mother helping every step of the way.  

Rosa's other kids are struggling very badly in their lives and on Friday Rosa and one of her daughters that was here traveled with a one way ticket back to their home in northern Argentina. The truth is they don't even have a home anymore..one of her sons out of drug use and his off mental state burnt her house down with everything in it. Rosa is only grateful.  She doesn't have anything anymore material wise.. but she told me she's leaving with something far greater of value than anything she has ever had..more than her house,, her documents.. her pictures.. furniture.. everything.. she left with the Holy Ghost.. the constant companionship of someone that can help her in every circumstance possible.. the feeling that things will work out.. she wrote me an amazing letter before she left and I am certain that she will remain faithfull forever.. 

My companion and I were the only ones at the terminal saying goodbye to Rosa and her daughter Maria.. Just thinking about when they finally stepped on the bus and waving to them in the window with tears in my eyes gives me chills.. Maria buried her head in her moms arms bawling not wanting to leave.. Rosa knew that if she put her trust in the Lord and now with the conmpanionship of the Holy Ghost anything is possible.. she is going to save her family.  

I have been so beyond blessed in my life and I only want that others can feel the same joy and satisfaction that I have knowing that families are eternal.. knowing that we have a Savior that paid the price for all of us..that suffered so that we would not have to suffer alone. Alma 7:11-12   Jesus can have compassion for every single person that has and will ever live.. 

I can feel sympathy for many people.. like Reegan.. I would do ANYTHING so that she would not have to have shots and that she would not have diabetes.. I would take that pain from her..I hate that I can't take upon myself the burden.. but that's how life is.  

I can't have compassion because I don't have diabetes.. I have never felt that pain... but Jesus Christ does.. He is the only person that can have compassion for all of us.  He took upon himself all the sins, pains, and sicknesses of everyone so that He would know how to comfort us and help us.. only through Him will we receive rest.. peace... happiness. When we say that we are never alone..literally it's true.. Jesus Christ knows EXACTLY how we feel.  Go to him:)

Thank you for everything!! Your prayers are felt! 
Love you all!

Elder Lamb  

Last pic with Rosa and Maria 

No comments:

Post a Comment