Elder Brockton Lamb

Elder Brockton Lamb
Argentina Comodoro Rivadavia Mission
Jan 2014-Jan 2016

Monday, October 26, 2015

October 26, 2015 - Pablo..pero que capo!!!

Pablo..pero que capo!!!

Whats goooood fam?? So it hasn't been too long since I last wrote ya so I'll keep this one short..I think! 

First of all..took the truck to get an oil change here..ya know I'm thinking it might be 50 bucks so like 500 pesos.. psyche! 2300 pesos... 230 dollars for an oil change.. haha I couldn't believe it!!  but the owner was so nice and they always go there but its just soooo expensive here! everything!

Anyways...  President gave us the challenge to read the new testament before Christmas and I can't put my bible down.. I started a few days ago in Acts and finished last night and all I can say is that Paul is my idle!!  He is so courageous and bold.  So willing to suffer in the name of his Lord.  He was saved on the road to Damascus and after his desire was that everyone could take part of the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ and use it in their lives.  One part I loved is found in Romans 3.. This chapter Paul is explaining the judgement day and how God is going to judge us.  He talks about those who live the letter of the law but with bad intentions and those who don't even know the law but naturally live it and about how they will stand better before God than those who think they live it but don't have their heart in it.  It also talks about those who know the path to follow but don't do anything to follow.  

It says in verse 13.. "For not the hearers of the law are just before God but the DOERS of the law shall be justified."  As members we know the path to follow.  We have the answers to the test of life and salvation.  What a blessing it is to have this knowledge; that is, if we take advantage of it. But if we're not doing the things we need to do to progress we are putting ourselves in jeopardy. 

I love Paul´s example of someone who is truly converted.  Someone who is "not ashamed of the gospel of Christ." For it truly is the "power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth." 

Don't be afraid to share the gospel..don't be afraid to do the right thing. I aspire to have Paul's courage and testimony to share this wonderful gospel that saves lives. I know that God lives. I know that He sent His son to pay the price so that we now have the grand blessing of being able to use the word "hope" in our lives in these days. Thank you fam for your support.. your prayers are felt.

Elder Lamb
A pic of me with my best friend Ramón! remember my stories of him? was able to surprise him last week after a year and a half since the last time I saw him!! And chiqui!!

No comments:

Post a Comment