Elder Brockton Lamb

Elder Brockton Lamb
Argentina Comodoro Rivadavia Mission
Jan 2014-Jan 2016

Monday, June 2, 2014

June 2, 2014- BARRO!!!!!!

Barro is mud and there is sooooooo much of it here... I LOVE IT!!!

So this was the first full week with my new red headed comp Elder
Hervey from Missouri.  We are already like brothers!!! He's like a
true hipster long board and into art kind of guy but so funny and we
go to work!! We crushed the whole mission in contacts this week
because we literally talked with everyone we saw about this gospel!
ha 115 different people we talked to in 6 days! It makes the days fly
by when you can have so much fun sharing this gospel.

Milagro's is AMAZING!! She's 11 and is truly deciding to be baptized
because she knows she needs to be to live with Heavenly Father and
Jesus again.  SHE KEEPS NOTES BY HER BED SO WHEN SHE PRAYS SHE CAN
WRITE DOWN HER FEELINGS AND THE ANSWERS TO HER QUESTIONS!!!!! She
truly is the best example to her family.  They told her that if she is
going to get baptized then she needs to go to church every week,  she
needs to marry someone in the temple, and she needs to teach her kids
everything about thie church and always be strong in the gospel.  Her
parent's will be baptized and married in the temple some day!  It
would be a lot easier if there were a temple within a week long bus
ride! But thats why we're here!  Our goal is to have a temple in the
Patagonia and little by little it's starting to progress.  That's why
the news that my area might become a stake is such a big deal! That's
all the member's are talking about! Gosh it makes me sick thinking
about all the temples that are in a days trip up there in the states.

It has rained all week and I literally have mud up to my knee's.
We're on an island so the ground is super soft and you just sink in
top the mud and at night we can't see anything so we're basically
swimming in mud haha.  I really don't want to leave this area!  I only
have four more weeks here and I'm gone and that is just terrible!

I LOVE sharing my testimony!  My spanish is improving so much because
my comps spanish is lacking a little bit haha so I now have to
translate for him sometimes when two weeks ago it was Elder Salas
helping me! It really does prove though the importance of the Holy
Ghost because without that we wouldn't have any success!  We are going
to be having some wedding's coming up and I talked with President and
he said we could have them in the church!

Ramón shared his testimony yesterday at church so that was unreal! and
he said I could take home a puppy of his best dog when I go home so
that's awesome just coming back to the states with a dog!!:)

That's so awesome to hear about Reegan and the softball team! Bummer
to hear that AF lost.  Bart!! I've told everyone that I have a homie
coming here in the summer!! haha bring some ear muffs and a nice
coat!! maybe throw in some ear muffs for ya boy too haha.  Ya it is
all sorts of cold down here but it's all good!! After the mission I'm
bringin the family back here for sure!! I'm praying for all of
you:)))))))) LIFE IS GOOD:):)

Elder Lamb


Psyche this is definitely a cross that we found at the very highest
point of our area:) some burial thing as well.


The rains are coming.

SO MUCH BREAD OUT OF A AN EASY BAKE OVEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment