Elder Brockton Lamb

Elder Brockton Lamb
Argentina Comodoro Rivadavia Mission
Jan 2014-Jan 2016

Monday, June 2, 2014

May 26, 2014-Austral Reppin (20 Weeks)

May 26, 2014

Austral Reppin

What is up? HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARDING!! I was able to talk about Harding
to this family that lost their baby girl as well and the spirit was so
incredibly strong! She really is helping so much!!

This week has been super weird.  So Elder Salas left on Monday right?
so i was supposed to get my new companion on tuesday but the homie
forgot his passport 20 hours away............ so he couldn't cross
chile....so he couldn't come down to the end of the world...... so i
was stuck with the zone leader till friday.  It was good though
because it made me learn a lot about myself. I am so grateful I don't
need numbers to motivate me.  The zone leaders care too much about
numbers and don't teach people to help them progress but to write down
in their weekly report that they taught a lesson.  I truly do LOVE the
opportunity to just give service and teach people about how they can
have eternal salvation.

Anyways, my new comp Elder Hervey came and he only has 2 transfers
ahead of me and he is a red head from Missouri.  haha we are gettin
some strange looks on the streets.  Oh and my spanish is better than
his which is a problem.  haha We literally have investigator's without
teeth!! How the heck are we supposed to talk on the phone and teach
these guys when my native comp could barely understand them.  That's
where the Lord comes in.  He has already helped us so much.  And my
spanish is actually improving because I have to really take the lead
with the lessons and all the communication.

GUESS WHAT? WE MIGHT GET A STAKE CENTER IN RIO GRANDE! This is a huge
deal!!  We just need people to start paying their tithing... which is
A LOT easier said than done.  I only have 5 more weeks in this area
and I'm dreading the day when i have to leave! Who knew there was such
AMAZING people living at the bottom of the globe.  like you probably
have to pick up the globe to see where these people are hahaha.  We
have to couples that said they would get married last week!!!!!! haha
i couldn't handle another day being out of my area with the zone
leaders last week so i called Elder Tarwater and told him to help me
out in my area and we were able to teach together - i love my area! It
was AMAZING!

Yup that's about it!
Thank you for everything!

Elder Lamb
P.S. every monday us Americans get a little patriotic and make
something from back home.  Hermana Heath made grilled cheese
sandwhiches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My
happiness level was dangerous! I love you mom for making me them every
night!!!!!! I miss the food back home!!!


Hermana Heath, Elder Tarwater and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches


No comments:

Post a Comment