Elder Brockton Lamb

Elder Brockton Lamb
Argentina Comodoro Rivadavia Mission
Jan 2014-Jan 2016

Monday, June 9, 2014

June 9, 2014- Penguinos!!!!!!!!!


WE SAW 5 PENGUINS WALKING TODAY!!  EVERYTHING IS ICE!!  It's amazing!
So glad we went ice skating so much before I left...really getting the
form down.  haha

This week has been amazing!! We committed to do something at the
beginning of the week..we said we were going to talk to everyone we
saw about the gospel and ask if we could help them in any way with it
being so cold here!  We ended up talking to 151 different people this
week about the goepel and asked if we could help them.  Most of them
said no thanks their good but a few invited us in their homes to hear
a message about Jesus Christ.  We were able to meet so many AMAZING
people!

We had Milagro's baptism all ready to go for last Saturday at 5 but at
3 that same day the father of our mission leader died.  He is like
Milagro's idol and she only wanted him to baptize her and he took the
first plane to Buenos Aires so we are going to wait till we get back.
Poor guy.. his father had been sick for some time now and he needed to
be with his mom.  She will be baptized soon so that's awesome. She's
still the greatest.

Mom don't send me a package with stuff for here.  I will be switching
areas at the end of this month and I don't think it will get here in
time!

We honestly come home dead exhausted every night because we just love
working and trying to talk to everyone.  We were blessed with food
this week as well.  Twice we had Milanesa and they were monsters.
This food is so good it's killing me!

This truly is the Lord's work and I am so grateful to be a part of it.


*********************

Yes yes we did see penguins while we were walking today by the
ocean...and yup I want one as a pet here!!

Everything is FROZEN!!



The food is AMAZING!



Brockton was asked to write an email to him home ward, Highland 38th
Ward, as a spotlight this month.  This is what he wrote:

*****************
Whaddup Ward!

Elder Lamb here reporting from the bottom of the world.  This mission
is the most southern mission and yes.... it is very cold.  Nothing a
couple layers can't fix!  I am currently in Rio Grande..an island that
faces the ocean.

I have been out for over 4 months but I have already learned so much!
The first thing I have learned is how we need to be so grateful for
everything we have back home.

I am in a poorer area and it is a good day if these people have water
they can use.  During the night everything freezes and all the pipes
are frozen so water is simply not an option at times.
These amazing member's here have to save up money for years to be able
to go to the temple just one time.  It is about a two week or more
journey by bus or an extremely expensive plane ticket to travel to the
temple in Buenos Aires.

I have also learned the true importance of the Priesthood and the
blessings of a worthy priesthood holder can have in the home.  There
are so many blessing that come from being a worthy Priesthood holder!

I have learned to LOVE SERVICE!  I thought I liked it before the
mission but now I love it so much.  Always look for ways to serve
others.  Anything!  The times when I feel like I am really trying to
be like Christ is not when I ask somebody to hear the gospel and then
when they say no to walk away but when I am sincerely asking them if I
can help them with their yard work and to help them grow their
testimony in our Savior.

In Elder Uchtdorf talk he talks about the man that slept through the
revolution of America and then Elder Uchtdorf asked us if we are
sleeping through the Restoration.  We need to be doing everything we
can to help this work progress.  Living back home we have the blessing
of being close to so many temples!  We need to take advantage.  There
are members down here that are amazing and after 10 years still have
not had the opportunity to attend the temple because the island we are
on is so expensive to leave.

Take advantage of what we have at home and be careful not to take it
for granted.  The Priesthood is the power to act in the name of
Christ.  This is what separates us from everyone else!!

I am so grateful for everyone back home!  I miss going to church in a
chapel.  I wouldn't trade this experience for anything!  I love the
people here and I love being an instrument in the hands of my Savior.
D&C 18:10 the worth of EVERY soul is great in the eyes of the Lord.
(idk the exact translation from spanish)

Thank you for all the support!!!!  Feel free to write me!!
Elder Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment