Elder Brockton Lamb

Elder Brockton Lamb
Argentina Comodoro Rivadavia Mission
Jan 2014-Jan 2016

Sunday, July 26, 2015

July 20, 2015 -#justkeepSMILING

Whats good ya`ll.. this week has been crazyyyy! Transfers were last week and all the homies that were crossing the border between Chile and Argentina down at the southern point had to pass by us.  This meant that we soent soooo much time in the terminal waiting for the missionaries to arrive and leave.  Then we had to do a bunch of legal paperwork for those that were illegal and that meant we were just sitting in the bank for forever!   

The cool part is that there are so many foreigners that are headed to see the glacier so we were able to talk to people from all over the world.  This German dude kept dropping the f word just talking and me and my comp were shocked, its been a minute since we've heard that one.  We have a lot of dope homies in our zone now and this week we have so many plans to do WORK in our area.  Que se manejen the other missionaries for a little bit.  

Even though we had a crazy week not being able to work in our area much I had a really cool experience.  Yesterday morning we had the opportunity to help this sister missionary buy her ticket and everything to head to Ushuaia at the end of the world.  So we were at the terminal and there was a line of people awaiting to get on the bus. There was a lady that was in line and was staring at me hard.. being the only red head its a given that people always stare..always!!  But she kept staring.. then I thought she might have been a lady that worked at this ice cream place in Comodoro. 

After a couple minutes I said hi and asked if she worked in Comodoro.. She said no and that she was from Rio Grande.. RIO GRANDE!! Thats where I was born!!! She said she remembered me from over a year ago.. She was walking on the street and we passed her and I said with a big smile "Hola buen día!"  She told me that she didn't respond and that she thought about that a lot.  Just that a random person would smile and greet someone that they didn't know.  She thanked me for saying hi to her OVER A YEAR AGO!!!

I was left so impressed by the effect of a simple smile and a greeting can do.   I love being a missioary but what I love even more is being a desciple of Christ!! The little things matter! Greeeting someone with a smile doesn`t cost anything!! Sure the majority of the people don't respond and act like they didn't hear anything but thats not our choice! We do have the choice to atleast try to make a difference:)  

Still livin the life!!! 
Elder Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment