Elder Brockton Lamb

Elder Brockton Lamb
Argentina Comodoro Rivadavia Mission
Jan 2014-Jan 2016

Sunday, July 26, 2015

May 25, 2015 -BALLENAS!!! Whaleta!!!

First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARDING!!! Can't believe she would be 24..that's insane!!

The package got here mom!!!:):) And the footy pajamas came in too clutch! Literally BEST PACKAGE EVER!:):) The sweaters and warm gear are too perfect.. we have transfers in a week going into winter and I'm in the northern most part of my mission so si o si I'm going south to some real cold! Sister Abregu is going to freak when I gift her the scarf and necklaces... mom you're about to hook all the amazing moms that give us lunch up!

Today we went to the beach again for Pday and we saw WHALES!!:) Never thought i'd be seeing whales on my mish but you never know what you're going to find in the Patagonia:)

Guys... Raul and Niko both traveled an hour and a half to go to stake conference in Trelew!!  What studs!  Raul has been listening to the missionaries for over 10 years and this was the first time he came to church! He is amazing! His wife is a member and all his grandkids are members... he had a problem smoking and never felt worthy to be baptized..well he quit smoking and came to stake conference...80 percent of the members didn't even come!  He told me he is going to marry his wife legally and be baptized by the end of this year and will sand me photos.. I'm so happy for him.

So the family of 9 we found is too amazing. We asked our branch president to come with us to visit them and we had an amazing lesson about Ether 12 and how our anchor to our lives should be faith in our Savior Jesus Christ.  Last night we went over again and the mom said she had something to tell me.. she said Sunday morning at about 2 am her husband woke her up.  He told her that he had prayed and had received and answer to his questions of whether all the things we are teaching them are true or not.  He asked his wife if he could join her this Sunday at church!! He prayed with faith and received an answer! I was tearing up as she was telling me.. then after our lesson the grandma came in and talked about how she was going in for surgery for her knees and how she was in a lot of pain.  We talked about the priesthood and the disciples of Christ and how they were able to bless and heal people.  She accepted a blessing and we gave her a blessing of health.. I love giving blessings.. it's moments when you truly feel like you are an instrument in the hands of God.  After the blessing the mom was crying and told us she didn't know that we had access to this authority from God.  I bore my testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ and explained to her that that is what differs us from all the other churches in the world. She was overwhelmed and literally wants us to pass by everyday!! the spirit was sooooooooooo strong. Moments like these are what i make my life!!! There is NOTHING I'd rather be doing than serving my God and these people here:)

Thanks for everything!  I'm having so much fun out here! You just gotta enjoy the little things!

Someone eat a 20 piece mcnugget for me!! Thanks!!

Love yall!
Elder Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment